Welcome to the first instalment of our #summerseries! We’ll be bringing you the most riveting in summer beauty, entertainment, and wellness.
For as long as I can remember the Toronto Pride Parade has been an absolute party and a celebration of the diversity Toronto embraces every day. My dad used to take me to the parade every year - we’d chat with party goers, the gorgeous drag queens, and everyone celebrating. It’s an incredible feeling when the whole city opens up and embraces one another - from the police to the partiers high-fiving all along the parade route. Everything centres around ‘The Village’ - Yonge & Church - where the parade begins and theres tons of restaurants and bars.
For Your Beauty Needs
- Pop into the Detox Market in Yorkville (just North of the Village) for all of your natural beauty needs.
- Brows need a tweak? Skin looking for hydration after too much sun or dehydrating events? Visit Lac Beauty in Yorkville for a glow up.
- Whether you’re looking to cover some greys or throw a pop up colour in your hair, visit Colour Lab in Rosedale for everything hair colour. They even have temporary colours and sprays for those not ready to commit beyond the weekend.
- A forever favourite no matter the time of year is North of Brooklyn pizzeria. Their garlic dipping sauce is to die for and can be slathered on anything.
- Smith restaurant is an iconic brunch spot in Toronto that certainly lives up to the hype.
- The parade, of course! June 23rd - starting at Yonge & Church and going down to Yonge & Dundas.
- TreeHouse Party: alfresco party with music, performances, food and drink and so much love! Details: June 23rd (1-11pm) at Exhibition Place ($4 shuttle from the village every 15 minutes). Not only will this be a great party, but the funds raised go to The 519’s year-round community programs and services.
- The Rebellion Ball: June 20th - a multi-room event with giveaways for different categories and incredible performances.
Follow us on Instagram to get live updates of all the festivities!